The Greythorn Primary School Council is made up of elected parents and staff members. Elections for Council occur in March each year.
Council has responsibility for determining the general educational policy of the school within the guidelines issued by the Minister and embodied within the Education Act. It makes decisions on curriculum, finance, facilities and community relations.
Key Areas of Accountability
- School Strategic plan - a four year agreement with DET, based on the school's goals & priorities
- Financial administration and budgeting
- Maintenance and improvement of buildings, grounds and fittings
- Employment of ancillary staff
- Contract Cleaning
- Local Selection of the Principal
- Hiring of school buildings
- Encouraging community interest in school activities
2017 School Council
Parent Representatives: Rob Camm (President), Cameron Brown (Vice President), Karen Teo, Mark Lobo, Vicky Bee, Carol Keefe, Geraint Gibbin, Frank Koukounas and Kate Gunton.
Department of Education & Training Representatives: Lorraine Howell, Megan Stewart-North, Denise Hartigan, Ken Darby and the Principal, Andrew Searle (Executive Officer).
Kathryn D'Alessandro has been elected as the PFA co-opted member
Meetings are held in the staff room at 7.30pm, usually on the third Tuesday of the month. Members of the school community are welcome to attend these meetings.
The School Council also has various sub-committees. Parent membership on these committees is welcomed. Parents are encouraged to contact School Council members to discuss any relevant issues they would like raised at Council.